Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Mini Chocolate Cup Cakes

I think I’m officially in a cupcake mood lately… once you start, it’s hard to stop.

Today’s bake? Chocolate cupcakes - the mini version. Small, cute, and very easy to pop into your mouth one after another (dangerous, I know).

I found this recipe while casually scrolling online and decided to give it a try. Didn’t make a huge batch, just enough to satisfy the craving. In total, I got 18 mini cupcakes, plus a little extra batter that turned into 9 medium-sized ones. Perfect mix!

Here are the ingredients that I used:
170 g self-raising flour
110 g butter
100 g sugar
50 g cocoa powder
2 eggs
240 ml boiling water
2 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
  1. Stir the boiling water and cocoa powder until smooth. Let it cool to room temperature.
  2. Pre-heat oven to 190 degree for 15 minutes.
  3. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
  4. Then, add egg one at a time, beating until smooth.
  5. Add in vanilla essence.
  6. Add in flour and mix well.
  7. Then, add in the cooled cocoa powder mixture, stir until smooth.
  8. Line the paper cups on the mini cupcakes tray.
  9. Fill in each cup with the batter to about 3/4 full.
  10. Bake at 190 degree for about 20 minutes (for the mini-sized cupcakes and 25 minutes for the medium-sized cupcakes).
  11. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
  12.  if you like. Here, I used the simple butter icing which is very easy to make.

You can stop here and enjoy them as they are - soft, chocolatey, and already so good. But if you’re feeling a little extra, go ahead and add some icing. Wait until they are completely cool before decorating them with the icing.

Ingredients for the icing:

120 g butter
120 g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence

How to make:
  1. Beat the butter until smooth and creamy with a hand mixer.
  2. Then add in the icing sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
  3. Add in vanilla essence and beat well.
  4. Mix until it is smooth.

I frosted some of the cupcakes and left some plain, because sometimes you just want that simple, classic chocolate taste.

  
Mini size, big satisfaction. These little cupcakes are fun to make, even more fun to eat… and honestly, they disappear way too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

🌱 Starting Fresh: Simple Ways to Reset Your Mind 🌱 Life can feel overwhelming at times, but small actions can make a big difference. As w...