Last weekend, I escaped to Gopeng for a little outdoor adventure… and honestly, it couldn’t have come at a better time. It was just two days after my final exam, so yes, this was my official “freedom celebration” trip! 😄
The plan actually started about a month ago when my ex-colleague asked if I wanted to join. I didn’t even think twice. I just said YES. To be honest, I had no idea what waterfall abseiling was, and I had zero experience in white water rafting. But I had a feeling it was going to be fun… and wow, it really was. Totally worth the RM190, no regrets at all.
We started the day early, like really early. Left Shah Alam at 6.30am, made a quick stop at an R&R for breakfast, and by around 9am we reached the Gopeng toll to meet the rest of the group. Once everyone arrived, we headed over to Murni Camp, met our guides, and got ready for the real adventure.
 |
| So, the journey began at Gopeng toll exit |
 |
| Heading to Murni Camp |
 |
| From there, we hopped onto what we jokingly called our “limousine” (basically a transport truck) |
 |
| Getting ready to be transported to the abseiling point |
 |
| And that’s when things got real - Here's the waterfall that we do our abseiling! |
 |
| Owh... caught me in action! I had a moment of “what did I sign up for?” But once you start, there’s no turning back. Step by step, slowly making your way down the waterfall - it was thrilling, a little scary... |
 |
| But ... so satisfying when I reached the bottom safely :D |
 |
| Hungry.. hungry...O~ After that? Food time. And trust me, everything tastes extra good when you’ve just done something adventurous. |
 |
| Next up - rafting. But before we jumped into the river, there were plenty of briefings. Safety first, always. |
 |
| Briefing and briefing... How to wear the life jacket properly, how to handle the rapids, what to do (and what not to do). Lots of listening… but necessary! |
 |
| Here my group ;) eh, suppose to have one guide only, the other guide at the left side just "tumpang" snap picture :p |
 |
| Water confidence test... owh ~ My favourite part. I love this, surprisingly fun! Splashing around, getting comfortable in the water… I actually enjoyed this more than expected. |
 |
| Another final briefing.. how and what to do at the rapids |
 |
| And finally… rafting time. Ah...caught us in action! |
 |
| We paddled, we laughed, we got splashed (a lot). Oh no..stucked and we had to shout "To the back all!!" like pros (or at least we tried to sound like pros lah) |
 |
| Yeah~ There were calmer moments too... just floating along the river, relaxing and enjoying the surroundings. This is just for leisure, line body rafting. |
 |
| Ho ho... this is the fun part! |
 |
| And everyone is happy :D |
 |
| Posing for group picture~ |
 |
| The end of a great adventure! |
But of course, the best parts were the rapids. That rush, the excitement, the teamwork, it was chaotic in the best way possible.
By the end of it, everyone was smiling, tired, and completely soaked. We wrapped up around 5.30pm, and even though we were exhausted, it was the good kind of tired.
Honestly, this is one of those experiences I’d say just go for it. Even if you’ve never tried it before. Especially if you’ve never tried it before.
Adventure, laughter, a little bit of fear, and a whole lot of fun… definitely not something to miss. Great people, amazing unforgettable experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment