Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Nasi Goreng Kampung Simple

Fried rice is best cooked using overnight leftover rice from the fridge. Normally I do not use freshly cooked rice to make fried rice because it will end up clumped into pieces and taste mushy.
Last night, I had some leftover rice, and kangkung in the fridge. So, I decided to make simple kampung style fried rice for dinner. The recipe is so easy that I only make use of the available ingredients in my kitchen.

Simple kampung style fried rice

Ingredients:
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 1/2 cup leftover rice
Small bunch of kangkung (chinese water spinach) about 50-60g
30g fried anchovies
2 tbsp chili paste (*I already made the chili paste earlier, see below for the chili paste I use)
Salt
Sugar
Vegetable oil

Preparation:
1. In a bowl, mix together light soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and sugar (to taste).
2. Heat vegetable oil in a wok and slowly stir-fry the chili paste in low to medium heat, until the chili paste is fragrant.
3. Add the sauce mixture into the wok and quick stir for a few seconds.
4. Then add in the rice, and continue stirring for a few minutes in high heat until the rice is all well-coated.
5. Add kangkung and fried anchovies. Fry until the kangkung is cooked.
6. Serve immediately.

Chili paste preparation:
12 dried chillies, soaked
5 shallots – peeled
1 clove garlic, peeled
1 tbsp dried shrimp, soaked
1-2 tsp belacan (shrimp paste), toasted

1. Put all the ingredients into a blender.
2. Add some water (not too much) and blend them until become fine paste.
* If there are extra chili paste, it can be kept in the fridge for other uses.

Easy meal for dinner **clap clap** :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

🌱 Starting Fresh: Simple Ways to Reset Your Mind 🌱 Life can feel overwhelming at times, but small actions can make a big difference. As w...