After work today, I did that classic “walk around, think around, still don’t know what to eat” routine π
One thing I knew for sure... no more chicken! I already had chicken rice for lunch, so that was out.
One thing I knew for sure... no more chicken! I already had chicken rice for lunch, so that was out.
Then suddenly… craving hit. Glass noodles (tung fun)! π
At first I was thinking of a comforting fish ball tung fun soup… but my mood quickly switched, fried tung fun sounded way better. More flavour, more wok hei, more satisfaction. So here we go ~ my simple, no-fuss fried tung fun dinner!
At first I was thinking of a comforting fish ball tung fun soup… but my mood quickly switched, fried tung fun sounded way better. More flavour, more wok hei, more satisfaction. So here we go ~ my simple, no-fuss fried tung fun dinner!
Glass noodles
Some prawns
Some shredded meat
Some sliced fish cakes
Shredded cabbage
Shredded cabbage
Shredded onions
Bean sprouts
Chopped garlic
1 Egg
2 tbsp oil
Seasoning:
Dark soy sauce
Light soy sauce
Fish sauce
Oyster sauce
Salt to taste
A bit of sugar to taste
Let's Cook!
- Soak the glass noodles for 20 mins and drained well.
- Heat the wok, and then heat the oil.
- Fry the garlics until fragant or yellow golden in color.
- Add the prawns, meat and sliced fish cakes. Stir fry constantly well.
- Add the cabbage and shredded onions and fry for a little while.
- Mix all the seasoning in a bowl and stir in the mixture.
- Add the glass noodles and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add some water (chicken stock will be better) to the glass noodles if it is too dry. Don't add too much, you don't want it to be too wet after that.
- Fry until it almost dry up and the push aside all ingredients to the side of the wok. Put a little bit of oil and break in the egg.
- Then continue to cover the egg with the glass noodles and then add in the bean sprouts. Fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- After that, you can dish out and serve. You may also want to sprinkle fried shallots or spring onions.
And that’s it, dish it up and serve! π½️
If you’re feeling fancy, top it with fried shallots or spring onions for that extra yum. The best part? You can totally mix and match... swap the prawns, change the veggies, use whatever you have in your fridge. This is one of those “anything goes” comfort meals.
Simple, quick, and honestly… so satisfying after a long day :))

No comments:
Post a Comment