It’s been a while since I last baked anything… but today, my fridge had other plans for me ๐
I spotted a few lonely oranges sitting there, and suddenly ... boom ~ the baking mood hit! I thought, “Why not make an orange butter cake?” Simple, cozy, and smells amazing while baking. So I pulled out my baking tools, got everything ready, and got to work.
Honestly, this recipe is super easy. It’s just like a classic butter cake, but with a citrusy twist. I swapped the milk for fresh orange juice and added some lemon and orange zest for that bright, refreshing flavor. Trust me, your kitchen will smell incredible.
Ingredients:
250g butter (softened)
250g flour
200g fine sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp lemon rind
1 tsp orange rind
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup orange juice
A pinch of salt
Method:
1. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
2. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Continue mixing.
3. Add in lemon and orange rind.
4. Fold in flour, alternating with the orange juice and end with flour. Mix well.
5. Greased the baking pan and pour the batter into it.
6. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 170 degree for 40 mins. You can test if the cake is done by insert the cake tester or a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean.
7. Let the cake rest to cool before slicing it (I was too hurry to cut the cake, so it crumbles a little bit here and there)
 |
And tadaaaa - freshly baked orange butter cake! ๐ฐ
Okay, my photo didn’t turn out great (old phone!), but the smell and taste totally made up for it. Soft, buttery, with a hint of citrus… so good. I already know this will be my breakfast tomorrow, with a hot cup of Nescafe on the side ☕ Simple joy, really. ๐ |
No comments:
Post a Comment